Welcome to the published author's tool kit to get unstuck, scale the next level, and enjoy the journey.
Until now, you've had to piecemeal the advice you need: Expensive coaching services that work with you to get a single manuscript published. Life coaching that focuses on how to handle success and failure in general but doesn't drill down to steer you through specific publishing situations. Workshops that cover one technique. Subscriptions that track one marketing strategy.
Now, you can have it all—and in one place.
Mount Everbest posts advanced writing lessons, emotional perspectives, and helpful resources weekly, and industry inside tips bi-weekly. The challenges and companionship with other experienced authors seeking the next step in their career? Continuous. Access to a seasoned editor who has been to the summit before? Always!
Where else will you find all of this in one spot?
• A safe space to ask questions you think are stupid (but they're not).
• How-to advice with clear examples.
• A head's up on industry issues.
• A shoulder to cry on.
• Pretty pictures.
• Career planning.
• No meetings.
• Honesty. Lots of honesty.
• Input on topics we cover.
• No pressure to volunteer.
• No agendas.
• Occasional prizes.
• No actual death zone.
COMING IN MARCH 2019:
• Additional pricing layers for personal feedback.
• Annual subscription savings.
All this for just $9.99 a month, with no contracts or subscription terms. You can cancel anytime. Compare Mount Everbest to these common monthly subscriptions:
• Consultation at The Manuscript Academy, sponsors of MSWL and an awesome bunch of folks: $49 for 10 minutes; $99 for 15 minutes and 10 pages reading.
• Life coach: $225/hour (Play With the World)
• Career coach: $49 for 30 minutes with a mentor; $99 for a coach (The Muse).
• RWA membership: $99/year + chapter dues
• Netflix: $7.99 - $13.99/month
• House cleaning: $30/hour
• Book of the Month Club: $14.99/month
• MeUndies subscription: $14.99/pair (Hey, this is awesome underwear. But underwear is not a career investment.)
I'm Julie Sturgeon, the sherpa at Mount Everbest. As an award-winning development editor with more than 30 years of writing experience and 275 edited titles, I help published romance and women's fiction authors find their career path forward through this unique coaching/consultation community.
I am exactly what you need in any given moment: guide, coach, editor, 411, career counselor, the voice on the other side of the confessional.
I've climbed this mountain path in my career. Last decade, I was a speaker at the American Society of Journalists Association's six-figure income panel as a magazine journalist. I wrote and edited about sports, technology, Santa's net worth, education innovations, ghostwrote a coffee table book for Delta Tau Delta and a manufacturing business' history. I specialized in B2B trade articles (how to assess roof curbs, anyone?) for 33 clients on an ongoing basis, twice reaching the number-one searched article on Yahoo. I won the Writer's Digest magazine feature contest. You guessed it: twice.
I've stood on my summit.
And then I had a chance to turn my editing experience toward another specialty: romance novels. I was onboard as a development editor and imprint manager with Crimson Romance (Simon and Schuster). Today, I'm a development editor with Tule Publishing in addition to working with independent authors. I've developed more than 275 romance books by more than 100 individual authors, and each manuscript was a partnership.
You need a guide by your side. You need an occasional whiff of oxygen. You need a swift kick in the butt to take the next step forward.
You need me.